Monday, September 2, 2013

Post-CRC Transit: Time for (Real) Commuter Rail? - Portland Transport

Post-CRC Transit: Time for (Real) Commuter Rail? - Portland Transport

I feel like I keep repeating myself I guess that's cause I keep repeating myself.

This is not complicated folks, high capacity transit can be available tomorrow.

All that's needed is to buy buses,lots of them,  high capacity buses, that have nice interiors with nice comfortable seats and simple amenities like high speed internet, run them frequently (as in every 10 minutes all day long) and people will use it.

No turmoil or construction needed. One 60 ft bus can haul 200 people comfortably that's 200 cars off I5. If you had a whole fleet of those  you can remove thousands of cars from the existing roadway.

 Planners like to plan and providing reliable and frequent bus service in big buses doesn't employ any planners and makes no money for construction outfits nor does it make profit  for developers.

Why are people attached to the complicated. The solution lies in the obvious.

No comments: