Monday, November 24, 2008

http://ourpdx.net/2008/09/just-drive-dont-talk/#comments

I think if you look at the facts TRIMET BUS DRIVERS, and transit bus drivers in general, are far more attentive and skilled at driving then any other segment of the driving population.
--------------------
I don't have statistics at my fingertips, sorry, but I think that if one would research all the fatal accidents that happen in this country and compare how many were transit related due to operator error, it would become quite clear that most of the carnage created on American roadways is indeed caused by non professional drivers.

Human error will always occur when humans are involved, obviously no bus/train operator should be talking on a cell phone when their vehicle is in motion, I give you that.

No comments: